The 2014 FF1M Season, will be the twenty second season of the FF1M series, and the third season since the series resumption following hiatus.
The season will be broadcast on YouTube in 2020.
Reigning Drivers Champion Kimi Raikkonen returns to defend his crown but moves to Exolite. Constructors Champions Gojira also return with two new drivers including three time champion Lewis Hamilton.
- The budget cap will be increased from 150 to 175.
- From the 2014 Season onwards Race Drivers will no longer earn Double Development Points.
- Car numbers are now driver specific
- Drivers will now continue to earn EXP even after winning a race
- Driver EXP limit has now been increased to 2000.
- Driver EXP over 1000 will be greatly reduced.
- Driver Range will now increase once a driver surpasses their potential
- New V8 engine formula and manufacturers.
- Aerodynamic testing was expanded and split into "Grip" and "Efficiency"
- "Set Up" testing area was buffed to 20% of Aerodynamic performance.
- Engine testing limited to manufacturer teams. Manufacturer teams will also have a separate pre-season test at Monza.
- Mid-season Engine testing banned.
- Teams will be able to choose from three tyre compounds at each Grand Prix but will be limited to a maximum of 6 sets of "Soft" and "Medium" tyres per season
- Friday Practice will now be comprised of two 45 minute sessions, instead of one 90 minute session split into three parts.
Teams and Drivers
|Team||Engine||Tyre||No.||Race Drivers||No.||Test Drivers|
|Exolite||Ilmor (C)||7||Kimi Räikkönen||91||Nelson Piquet Jr|
|11||Sergio Pérez||97||Alfonso Celis Jr|
|Team Sega AM2 Gojira AutoSport||Mugen (M)||44||Lewis Hamilton||89||Lucas Di Grassi|
|10||Kamui Kobayashi||45||Roberto Merhi|
|Tornado||Climax (M)||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||90||Bruno Senna|
|15||Sébastien Buemi||51||Tomas Gonzalez|
|Shake n' Bake||Megatron (M)||5||Sebastian Vettel||9||Marcus Ericsson|
|3||Daniel Ricciardo||53||Itsuki Yoshida|
|Andrew Racing||Megatron (C)||88||Robert Kubica||94||Antonio Felix Da Costa|
|19||Felipe Massa||33||Max Verstappen|
|Mitchell Racing||Mugen (C)||27||Nico Hülkenberg||60||Pierre Gasly|
|12||Jaime Alguersuari||52||Cooper Lee|
|Willows Racing||Ilmor (M)||6||Nico Rosberg||2||Stoffel Vandoorne|
|14||Fernando Alonso||31||Esteban Ocon|
|FJR||Judd (M)||22||Jenson Button||92||Sam Bird|
|20||Kevin Magnussen||54||Benjamin Pryor|
|GR Motorsports||Mugen (C)||77||Valtteri Bottas||28||Will Stevens|
|55||Carlos Sainz||34||Nicholas Latifi|
|Horizon||Climax (C)||99||Adrian Sutil||95||Naoki Yamamoto|
|40||Paul Di Resta||50||Genjo Tse|
|Pedersen||Mugen (C)||8||Romain Grosjean||93||Karun Chandhok|
|13||Pastor Maldonado||36||Raffaele Marciello|
Engines: (M) = Manufacturer (C) = Customer
A draft 18 round calendar was announced at the 2013 German Grand Prix. The calendar was then confirmed, with some alterations, at a meeting of the AFIA council shortly before the 2013 Japanese Grand Prix..
Race by Race
|Round||Grand Prix||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Winning Driver||Winning Team|
|1||Australian GP||Fernando Alonso||Fernando Alonso||Lewis Hamilton||Gojira AutoSport|
|2||Malaysian GP||Lewis Hamilton||Lewis Hamilton||Nico Rosberg||Willows Racing|
|8||United States GP|