The 2012 FF1M Season, will be the twentieth season of the FF1M series and was announced on 16th June 2018 following the release of the final race of the 2011 FF1M Season. The season started on 23rd September 2012.
This will be the first season after a hiatus of several years. With the announcement of the new season a new teaser website was unveiled at http://ff1m.ajayrious.com.
- All Team and Engine performance will be reset for the new season.
- The AFIA announced that all teams will have to conform to a budget cap of 100 credits per season.
- New aerodynamic rules reverting cars to 2002 season levels of downforce
Teams and Drivers
|Team||Engine||Tyre||No.||Race Drivers||Test Driver/s|
|Willows Racing||Mercedes (W)||1||Fernando Alonso||António Félix da Costa|
|Orange Pedersen||BMW (W)||3||Kamui Kobayashi||Rio Haryanto|
|Tornado||Ferrari (C)||5||Lewis Hamilton||Valtteri Bottas|
|Shake n' Bake||Honda (C)||7||Sebastian Vettel||Edoardo Mortara|
|Flymo Mitchell Toyota||Toyota (W)||9||Nico Hülkenberg||Oliver Turvey|
|FJR||Honda (C)||11||Kimi Räikkönen||Kevin Magnussen|
|Ajay Motorsports||Cosworth (C)||14||Mark Webber||Tom Dillmann|
|Andrew Racing||Renault (C)||16||Adrian Sutil||Robin Frijns|
|GR Motorsports||Renault (C)||18||Sébastien Buemi||Mikhail Aleshin|
|Horizon||Honda (C)||20||Sam Bird||Conor Daly|
|Sean Connery Motorschhh||Ferrari (W)||22||Nico Rosberg||Felipe Nasr|
|23||Lucas di Grassi|
Engines: (W) = Works (C) = Customer
- Shannon and Leblanc did not submit an entry for the 2012 season and did not return after 2011.
- Gui Racing announced they would retire from competition, not wanting to further damage the teams status after several seasons in which they were perceived to have underperformed. They would be replaced by the returning Sean Connery Motorschhh who had previously operated in the 1995 FF1M Season.
- Two new teams, HorizonF1 and Willows Racing submitted entries for the 2012 season which were approved by the AFIA.
- After being unable to secure seats Felipe Massa, Nelson Piquet, Jr., Heikki Kovalainen, Timo Glock and Three-time world champion Jarno Trulli moved to the brand new FFEM championship.
- Rubens Barrichello left GR Motorsports after the final round in Brazil and announced his retirement from FF1M.
- Jean-Éric Vergne will make his FF1M debut with GR Motorsports.
- Daniel Ricciardo will move to Tornado as a result of Leblanc pulling out.
- Jaime Alguersuari will make his FF1M debut with Mitchell.
- Sam Bird and Robert Wickens will make their FF1M debuts with newcomers HorizonF1.
- Lewis Hamilton left Michael Pedersen Racing to join Tornado.
- Defending champion Fernando Alonso left Tornado to join newcomers Willows Racing.
- Robert Kubica will return to FF1M with Andrew Racing. Robert was last in the series in 2010 after a rally accident forced him to sit out 2011.
- Lucas di Grassi left GR Motorsports to join Sean Connery Motorschhh.
- Bruno Senna left Gui Racing to join Michael Pedersen Racing.
- Sébastien Buemi left Mitchell to join GR Motorsports.
- Nico Rosberg left Shake n' Bake to join Sean Connery Motorschhh.
- Sergio Pérez will move to Shake n' Bake as a result of Shannon pulling out.
- Mark Webber left Tornado to join Ajay Motorsports.
- Jenson Button will join Ajay Motorsports as a result of Leblanc pulling out.
- Pastor Maldonado will return to FF1M with newcomers Willows Racing. Pastor was last in the series in 2009 after spending the last 2 years in FF2M and AF1RL respectively.
- Oliver Turvey was sacked as test driver at Mitchell after the United States Grand Prix West and was replaced by Marcus Ericsson.
- Jaime Alguersuari was demoted to Mitchell's FF2M team after the British Grand Prix and was replaced for the remainder of the season by Nick Heidfeld.
- Jenson Button left Ajay Motorsports with immediate effect after the Italian Grand Prix and was replaced for the remainder of the season by the team's test driver Tom Dillmann.
|1||Australian Grand Prix||Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne||18th March|
|2||Brazilian Grand Prix||Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo||1st April|
|3||United States West Grand Prix||Long Beach Circuit, California||15th April|
|4||San Marino Grand Prix||Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola||29th April|
|5||Spanish Grand Prix||Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona||13th May|
|6||Monaco Grand Prix||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo||27th May|
|7||Canadian Grand Prix||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal||10th June|
|8||Austrian Grand Prix||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||24th June|
|9||British Grand Prix||Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone||8th July|
|10||German Grand Prix||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim||22nd July|
|11||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungaroring, Budapest||29th July|
|12||Belgian Grand Prix||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot||2nd September|
|13||Italian Grand Prix||Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza||9th September|
|14||Singapore Grand Prix||Marina Bay Street Circuit, Marina Bay||23rd September|
|15||Japanese Grand Prix||Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka||7th October|
|16||United States East Grand Prix||Road America, Elkhart Lake||21st October|
|17||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Marina||4th November|
Results and Standings
|Round||Grand Prix||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Winning Driver||Winning Constructor|
|1||Australian GP||Nico Rosberg||Robert Kubica||Lewis Hamilton||Tornado Ferrari|
|2||Brazilian GP||Fernando Alonso||Kimi Räikkönen||Nico Rosberg||SCM Ferrari|
|3||US GP West||Nico Rosberg||Romain Grosjean||Kimi Räikkönen||FJR Honda|
|4||San Marino GP||Nico Rosberg||Lewis Hamilton||Nico Rosberg||SCM Ferrari|
|5||Spanish GP||Nico Rosberg||Lewis Hamilton||Lewis Hamilton||Tornado Ferrari|
|6||Monaco GP||Nico Rosberg||Daniel Ricciardo||Bruno Senna||Pedersen BMW|
|7||Canadian GP||Nico Rosberg||Fernando Alonso||Lewis Hamilton||Tornado Ferrari|
|8||Austrian GP||Fernando Alonso||Lewis Hamilton||Fernando Alonso||Willows Mercedes|
|9||British GP||Daniel Ricciardo||Fernando Alonso||Daniel Ricciardo||Tornado Ferrari|
|10||German GP||Fernando Alonso||Kimi Räikkönen||Fernando Alonso||Willows Mercedes|
|11||Hungarian GP||Nico Rosberg||Lewis Hamilton||Daniel Ricciardo||Tornado Ferrari|
|12||Belgian GP||Lewis Hamilton||Nico Rosberg||Nico Rosberg||SCM Ferrari|
|13||Italian GP||Nico Rosberg||Fernando Alonso||Lewis Hamilton||Tornado Ferrari|
|14||Singapore GP||Nico Rosberg||Lewis Hamilton||Fernando Alonso||Willows Mercedes|
|15||Japanese GP||Nico Rosberg||Fernando Alonso||Lewis Hamilton||Tornado Ferrari|
|16||US GP East||Nico Rosberg||Fernando Alonso||Fernando Alonso||Willows Mercedes|
|17||Abu Dhabi GP||Nico Rosberg||Fernando Alonso||Fernando Alonso||Willows Mercedes|
- Scoring system
Points are awarded to the top 8 classified finishers in race.
*Retired from the race but classified as more than 90% race distance had been covered.