2009 FF1M Season
|Previous: 2008||Next: 2010|
Changes in 2009
- All new teams must have raced in FF2M for one season prior to entering FF1M.
- New base chassis delivered to teams after final round of 2008
- Wider front wing and narrower rear wing.
- Adjustable Front Wing is available to research
- All Aerodynamic development is reset to zero.
- Diffuser Technology replaced by Double Deck Diffuser and Blown Diffuser and can choose which development path to follow at the start of the season.
- Teams may only have one of Double Deck Diffuser OR Blown Diffuser on the car at any one time and not both.
- Teams allowed to use KERS for the first time
- Honda pull out of the sport
- Turbo boosted engines may now have a maximum boost of 300 (250 previously)
- Exolite and SF1 pull out of the sport
Drivers and Teams
- Kimi Raikkonen will take a place of Giorgio Pantano, who move to Dodgem, in TornadoF1, alongside 2008 World Champion Jenson Button.
- Gui Racing change their squad from Robert Kubica, who take part with FJR, and Christian Klien, 2008 runner-up (he move to Ajay), for 2007 World Champion, Sebastian Vettel, and a Brazilian debutant Lucas Di Grassi, former FF3M and FF2M driver.
- Felipe Massa will return to FF1M after one-year absence, joining FJR alongside Robert Kubica.
- Timo Glock will move change Dodgem to Shake n'Bake, with Lewis Hamilton as a team-mate, who takes his third season with this team.
- Pedersen will hire two debutants, Japanese Kamui Kobayashi and South African Adrian Zaugg. Taking two inexperienced drivers to the team of top looks risky.
- Nick Heidfeld, former Pedersen driver, will join Dodgem, moving from Ajay.
- Two drivers from 2008 World Championship podium - Fernando Alonso and Christian Klien will move Ajay.
- Sebastien Bourdais, 2006 3rd placer, and Rubens Barrichello will join GRM.
- Mark Webber will join his home team, Autodynamics, with Vitantonio Liuzzi alongside.
- Vitaly Petrov and Heikki Kovalainen had a contracts with SF1 Racing, but German team at none to soon pull out of the sport. Both drivers will now race for Spaniel in the 2009 FF2M Season. However Heikki find a work in Shannon from Monaco Grand Prix, replacing Pastor Maldonado.
- 2008 Shake n'Bake driver, Neel Jani, stay for 2009 without a work.
- It was possible that Anthony Davidson will stay in Exolite for 2009, but after team's decision of retirement, Anthony out of the battle for the places. Davidson has instead joined Gui Racing as the teams test driver and start once in Spanish Grand Prix on place of Lucas di Grassi.
- Giancarlo Fisichella out of GRM and of the field.
- Romain Grosjean also out of GRM, but caught up as TornadoF1 test driver.
- Javier Villa lost the race-position in Autodynamics, but stays in the team as their test driver.
- David Coulthard, Takuma Sato and Alexander Wurz all retired from the sport at the end of 2008
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.